Do you like Pokémon? Do you like to draw? Well then you are in luck, The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo of American are hosting the Pokémon Art Academy Competition. Running between February 18 and March 29, 2015. To participate first you need to get a copy of Pokémon Art Academy. This game offers you 40 lessons in how to paint, sketch, and draw popular Pokémon. The contest has two categories that you can enter in: Dress-Up Pikachu and Your Favorite Pokémon.
Here contestants have the opportunity to create their own costume for Pikachu in honor of the cosplay Pikachus found in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. So play fashion designer to your hearts content and give Pikachu some cool new cloths.
Your Favorite Pokémon
Do you have a particular view on how a Pokémon should really look? Is there a particular Pokémon that you just love to draw? Then this is your category! Go Van Gogh on Vulpix. Or make a Michelangelo Magikarp. The only limit on this is your imagination!
Six talented winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of some of the creators of the much-loved Pokémon universe. Each winner will receive 100 cards featuring their winning image. On the downside the winners’ cards will not be made available for sale in regular Pokémon TCG products nor will they be eligible to take part in Play! Pokémon officially sanctioned organized play events.
How to Enter the Pokémon Art Academy Competition
- Create and save an image in Pokémon Art Academy using Free Paint mode.
- Select the “Share” option from Pokémon Art Academy’s main menu and connect to Miiverse.
- Select the “Post to Competition” option and select “I Agree” if you agree to the Official Rules.
- Highlight the category you’d like to enter (Dress-Up Pikachu or Your Favorite Pokémon) and then choose “Select Competition”. Only the first post you make will be recognized as your entry.
- Slide over the image and select it and then choose “Share Selected”.
- Enter a title to accompany your artwork in the comment field and then select “Post”. The image will be posted to Miiverse and entered into the competition.
- The only way to enter the competition directly is from the Pokémon Art Academy game, available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.