Microsoft is out the gate as the second company to have their conference. Lets look at what all they presented, shall we?
First off was the elephant in the room, Project Scorpio, or as it is now known, Xbox One X. Would it kill them to use the code names for actual product names? I really like a lot of the code names. The system will be out on 11/7 world wide at $499. The system has a 6 tereflop GPU at 1.172 Ghz, 12 GB of RAM, and 32GB/s of bandwidth. What this basically comes down to is the system is super powerful and supports 4K in the truest sense of the word. Also the accessories and games will be backwards compatible with the the new system. They are also reporting that if you don't have a 4K TV games will look great on a 1080P TV. In order to keep the infamous red ring of death at bay they have introduced a liquid cooled vapor chamber. And the blasted thing is also pretty small. It is barely bigger then the controller.
First game up on the block for the new system was Forza Motersport 7. Game looks pretty. Then they spent way too much time announcing a real Porsche that no one can afford in order to compare it to the one in the game and then start a game demo.
Looks like a Forza game. so if that is your thing, have fun! As usual you can expect high end cars on tracks all over the world.
After Forze was a post apocalyptic game. It involved guns and mutated creatures. Their looked to be ammo conservation and using the environment to you advantage. And a train as a home station. This is Metro Exodus.
Assassin's Creed Origins was then announced. We are going back to the birth of the brotherhood, all the way to Egypt. I still want my Asian AC game, but this looks cool.
They added RPG elements to enhance the game. During the demo they showed a level gain. Their is also a literal eagle vision where you see through the eyes of a pet eagle your character has.
Other games that were mentioned? Well there were like 40+ games on the conference. Time to bullet point this list!
- PlayerUnknown's Battleground
- With Xbox One X improvements
- Deep Rock Galactic
- Space Dwarfs that mine
- State of Decay 2
- Co-op Zombie Game?
- Build and defend a zombie shelter community
- Choose which community members live or die
- The Darwin Project
- Multiplayer last man standing competition game?
- Yes, this game is still getting updated with new stuff.
- Can't wait to see blocks rendered in 4K with the Super Duper Graphics pack!
- Welcome to the community store
- Dragonball Figher Z
- Need I say more?
- Ok yes, there was Super Freeza
- Need I say more?
- The MMORPG Black Desert
- Can you say pretty fantasy game with impracticalle female armor?
- The Last Night
- Future sci-fi title
- Pretty Pixels
- The Artful Escape
- Music is power!
- Code Vein
- Think Dark Souls + Anime
- Sea on Thieves
- The multiplayer ship based game still lives!
- Remember, your friends are crew mates, not each running a different ship.
- You are in space, that is all you can really tell from the preview
- Super Lucky's Tale
- Fantasy platformer with fun looking graphics
- Old school cartoon graphics colorized.
- It is... something?
- Crackdown 3
- Looks like there is multiplayer
- Still insane
- Xbox One X Launch Title
- Then a bunch of rapid fire trailers for a ton of different games from Ide@Xbox
- Light vs Dark plot
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War
- Expanded nemesis system
- Dominate orcs to expand your army.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- 385 backward compatible 360 games for Xbox One
- They are adding Xbox games to this list, including Crimson Skies
- Launching later this year
- Multiple titles set to get 4K updates for free as part of Xbox One X Enhanced program
OK, and the presentation closed up with the EA title that was teased in the EA Play presentation, Anthem. Looks like you get to own customize-able mech suits called javelins. Each suit has different pros and cons. In the demo they had a balanced ranger and a tank colossus.
So yeah, initial impression is it looks a little like Destiny.