Ubisoft always brings a large set of games to E3. Usually an Assassin's Creed title, something Tom Clancy, a dancing title, and usually something a bit different. So what was on this years docket?Read More
OK, Ubisoft's turn on the stage. And they started out with the crazy rabbits teasing the partnership between Nintendo and Ubisoft with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battles. Of course who better to share the announcement then Miyamoto. The game is a tactical turn-based adventure battle that involves hand held cannons. Can you save the Mushroom Kingdom from the rappids that accidentally invaded your dimension?Read More
South Park: The Stick of Truth was a surprisingly fun game. It took the flavor of all your favorite South Park shows and translated it into a video game. When I finished the game my first thought was that they totally need to make another game with their superhero personas. And now that game has a December release date!Read More
Watch Dogs was a highly anticipated game that let a lot of people down. Given that I am happy that Ubisoft has decided to move forward and create Watch Dogs 2. In it they have expanded who you can hack (everyone) and what you can hack (everything). In the demo they played for us they showed a group hack setting off all the phones in an area. He also showed that he can take control of any car either taking over steering or just serving then out of his way. It looked real useful and made the character powerful, or at least felt that way.
Once they showed off some free roaming the demo moved into a mission. Here the main character used a drone to scout the area in order to setup a plan of attack. This included hacking cameras to get an internal view and locate the objective. Once located our main character hacked a crane to get into the location and stealthily moved to the objective by taking out guards and locking doors to prevent reinforcements. Once close enough a tool called the jumper (a two wheeled remote car that can jump) to actually hack into a network and download incriminating data. Once in he started the download the guards became aware of his presence. Using a close combat tool similar to a rock in a string and hacking tools the main character fended of guards until the download completed and he escaped. All in all it looked fun. I hope that when it is released it stays fun.
And with Ubisoft I finally complete all the press conferences. Will I like Watch Dogs 2? Are they going to announce anything that has not already been leaked? Will it be a circus? Possibly, but that does not matter, all that truly matters in the games. Also, happy 30th birthday Ubisoft!
- Just Dance 2017
- It wouldn't be Ubisoft without big dance scene to show up Just Dance
- Just Dance will be on ALL platforms in 2017
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- Fight the good fight against a drug lord that turned the cocoa leaf trade into cocaine
- Open world with solo or 4 player co-op
- The amount of options you have for mission completion looks neat
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- The town of South Park is in danger, and the Coon is the one who can save the city/state/world
- You are again, the new kid and the South Park kids are having a civil war
- Also, you are once again a douche bag
- I am very much looking forward to this game, I loved Stick of Truth
- Out on December 6th, 2016
- Tom Clancy's: The Division
- Underground Expansion
- Each mission is different to promote replay-ability
- Out June 28 on XBox / PC and August for PS4
- Also for the 30th Birthday they are giving outfits once Underground comes out if you are a member of Ubisoft's thing
- There is also this Survival thing (secomd Expansion
- I honestly have not played Division, but it all looks neat
- Underground Expansion
- Eagle Flight VR
- Intuitive VR title with Oculus
- You fly as an eagle and in this case it is a capture the rabbit
- Could be fun, but I know it will make me motion sick.
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew
- A Star Trek VR game placing you on the bridge of a Federation ship.
- Yeah, I am geeking out about this!
- Available on all major VR platforms.
- For Honor
- Medieval Battle
- Knight, Samurai, or Viking
- Trust could bring peace to 1,000 years of war, but Apolian's black legion only wishes for conflict, and will keep it going.
- Combat is very strategic to attack / block in a way to oppose your enemy.
- Available Valentines Day 2017
- Medieval Battle
- Grow Up
- Not sure how to describe it, but it looks like simple fun.
- Trials of the Blood Dragon
- Strange game, eccentric. but looks fun
- Track game with tons of different level types.
- Assassin's Creed
- Did you guys know there was a movie coming out?
- I really hope this movie is good.
- Seriously, video game movies don't have good reputations.
- Out 12/21/2016
- Watch_Dogs 2
- Welcome to San Francisco
- Everything can be hacked, and everyone can be profiled
- Root out corruption and take back the power to people.
- Out in November
- New extreme sport game
- Free skiing, flight suits, and paragliding
- New extreme sport game
Watch Dogs was a highly anticipated game that let a lot of people down. Given that I am happy that Ubisoft has decided to move forward and create Watch Dogs 2. In it they have expanded who you can hack (everyone) and what you can hack (everything). In the demo they played for us they showed a group hack setting off all the phones in an area. He also showed that he can take control of any car either taking over steering or just serving then out of his way. It looked real useful and made the character powerful, or at least felt that way.Read More
Do you like Assassin's Creed? Can't wait to get your hands on Unity when it releases on October 28th? Well if that is the case then you may be interested in seeing this 11 minute uncut play through of Assassin's Creed Unity from Gamescom. This video also is narrated by Alex Amanico, Creative Director of the game. The video is a full single player mission from start to finish so expect to see some of the new gameplay and parkour elements in play along with an enhanced stealth system. And we cannot forget a better look at the beautiful city of Paris.
It has been a long (very long) wait, but Watch Dogs is almost upon us (May 27th on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC). As such Ubisoft has been releasing new trailer upon new trailer. To make up for my lack of posting them, here is a play list of all the Watch Dogs trailers, starting with the most recent, Watch Dogs - 101 Trailer_.
In most games you play a hero adventuring for a great purpose. Your aim is to save a city, a people, or a world. That is not that case in “The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot”. In this free-to-play game from Ubisoft you are a newly arrived resident of the floating city of Opulencia. Here everyone has fortress like castles filled with monsters and traps that protect gold and life force. Your quest is to infiltrate these castles, kill the monsters guarding it, and take the treasure for yourself. Once a few castles have been relieved of their treasure then you get to build your own castle to protect your treasure. But does this formula of loot, level, build work?Read More
At the 2013 E3 Ubisoft showed off The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot in which you storm other player's castles to gain loot and build your own castle with traps and monsters.
In the beta you have the option to play one of four characters. You have Sir Painhammer the boastful Knight, Blackeye Bogart the enigmatic Archer, The Earl of Evilosity (a Mage), and The Runaway who rocks her axe like none other. Each has their own pros and cons for getting past the cruel defenses that other players will have setup to protect their treasure.Read More